Ken Peterson has extensive trial and appellate court experience. His practice is focused on product liability, high exposure personal injury defense, insurance coverage disputes, and complex commercial litigation. Mr. Peterson has also represented several major railroads in a variety of litigation matters.
Mr. Peterson has obtained favorable verdicts in numerous high exposure jury trials and has litigated cases throughout the United States. In the area of product liability, Mr. Peterson has represented manufacturers and distributors of automobiles, printing presses, punch presses, lighters, power turbines, wire ropes, hydraulic lifts, cement mixers, agricultural equipment, air compressors, locomotives, and smoke alarms. In addition to his trial work, Mr. Peterson has managed teams of lawyers involved in complex litigation, including cases involving trade secrets, the Lanham Act, insurance coverage for mass tort claims, bad faith insurance claims, and unfair competition.
Ken Peterson has served as national product liability counsel for several companies. In addition, he has taught post-graduate courses for legal assistants, and also serves as a volunteer mediator for the Los Angeles County Superior Court.
- Illinois State Bar
- California State Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Northwestern University, B.S.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Ventura County Bar Association
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
- "Attorney-Client Privilege and Work-Product in Railroad Litigation" before the Chicago Claims Conference
- "The Limits of Privilege and Work-Product for Corporate Clients" before the National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel (Snowbird, Utah)
- Complex Tort Litigation
- Product Liability Defense
- National Product Liability Program Management
- Tort Class Action
- Environmental & Toxic Tort Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Breach of Warranty
- Creditors' Rights
- Transactional Assistance
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Labor & Employment Law
- Discrimination, Harassment, Retaliation, Whistleblower & Other Employment Law Matters
- Wage & Hour Compliance & Litigation
- Trade Secrets & Unfair Competition Advice & Litigation
- Workplace Investigations
- Training Programs
- Appellate Practice