Daniel Kain is a partner in the firm’s Pennsylvania office, located on Philadelphia’s Main Line. His practice focuses on product liability, subrogation, class actions, civil rights and commercial litigation. As a law student, Mr. Kain wrote an article that predicted the general liability claims made in the NFL concussion litigation. Mr. Kain now serves as national counsel for clients within the sporting good and residential product industries. He also works with clients in a number of other industries such as transportation, construction, energy, cosmetics and chemicals.
In addition to an active trial and appellate practice, Mr. Kain develops and executes defense strategies that increase the likelihood of trial success, reduce defense costs and deter future litigation.
Mr. Kain is actively involved with the Defense Research Institute, Pennsylvania Defense Institute, and the International Association of Defense Counsel.
- Pennsylvania State Bar
- New Jersey State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- West Chester University, B.A., summa cum laude
- The Rutgers School of Law-Camden, J.D.,
- Honors: Law Review, Dean's List
- Defense Research Institute
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- "Theoretical and Practical Limitations of the Consumer Expectations Method of Proof in Assessing Complex Product Designs" (Counterpoint 2021).
- “Unanswered Question: What is the Relevant Scope of Discovery Post-Tincher” (Counterpoint 2018).
- Daniel J. Kain, C. S. Toomey & Robert L. Joyce, "Draft Protection Insurance: Elite Athlete Loss-of-Value Policies and the Emerging Wave of Coverage Litigation", 24 JEFFREY S. MOORAD SPORTS L.J. 217 (2017).
- "It’s Just a Concussion: The National Football League’s Denial of a Causal Link Between Multiple Concussions and Later-Life Cognitive Decline", 40 RUTGERS L.J. 697 (2009)
- "NFL’s Shaky Concussion Policy Exposes the League to Potential Liability Headaches", 28 A.B.A. ENT. & SPORTS LAW. 9 (2010) (written in conjunction with Joseph Hanna)
- "Youth Sports in the Concussion Litigation Era: Best Methods for Mitigating the Risk of Injury and Related Litigation," Independent School Safety & Security Summit (June 2019)
- "Hard Tackles: Defending Modern Sports Products Litigation," Defense Research Institute (Feb., 2016)
- "Bringing & Defending Product and General Liability Cases" Rutgers Law (November, 2015)
- "Ongoing Legal Developments in Football and Other Youth Sports" Pennsylvania Defense Institute (June, 2015)
- Product Liability Defense
- Complex Tort Litigation
- National Product Liability Program Management
- Tort Class Action
- Crisis Management
- Environmental & Toxic Tort Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Breach of Warranty
- Creditors' Rights
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Regulatory Compliance
- Motor Carriage / Truck
- Supply Chain
- Warehouse & Distribution
- Appellate Practice
- Disability Access & ADA