Jason R. Schmitz PartnerDownload vCard
Jason R. Schmitz' practice focuses on litigating disputes ranging from complex product liability cases to insurance coverage disputes. He has successfully represented and defended international and domestic manufacturers of industrial, consumer, sports recreation, construction, material handling, energy and automation products. Mr. Schmitz has also represented owners, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers in the construction industry as well as professionals in the medical, architectural and legal industries.
In addition to litigating on their behalf, Mr. Schmitz has guided his clients through times of crisis including product recalls, product failures with potential business interruption, and regulatory investigations.
Mr. Schmitz has written on a variety of topics, including New Jersey Construction Law and the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act. Prior to entering active practice, he served as Law Clerk to the Honorable Peter E. Doyne, Assignment Judge, Bergen County.
- New Jersey State Bar
- Purdue University, B.A.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D.
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Bergen County Bar Association
- Justice Morris Pashman American Inn of Court
- Defense Research Institute
- Clerkship, Hon. Peter E. Doyne, Superior Court of New Jersey, 2001-2002
- Complex Tort Litigation
- Product Liability Defense
- Environmental & Toxic Tort Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Breach of Warranty
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Regulatory Compliance
- Crisis Management
- Motor Carriage / Truck
- Supply Chain
- Warehouse & Distribution
- Appellate Practice
The Super Lawyers® list is issued by Thomson Reuters under criteria applied by Super Lawyers®. A description of the selection methodology can be found here.