Robert Joyce is the firm's managing partner. He has extensive experience in advocacy and trial practice. Robert has been lead counsel for clients in major complex litigation in state and federal courts nationwide. He has earned a reputation for careful, innovative, aggressive and effective representation. His practice extends to numerous areas, including insurance and reinsurance, toxic torts, products liability, professional liability, directors and officers, construction, commercial litigation, environmental, and bad-faith litigation. Robert is the chair of the firm’s risk transfer and insurance coverage group and has particular expertise in navigating the intersection between contract, tort and insurance coverage law. He regularly counsel’s clients worldwide on a variety of insurance, reinsurance and other risk transfer issues and litigates and arbitrates in these areas in numerous jurisdictions throughout the United States and Europe. In the commercial area, he represents multinational clients in disputes arising out of commercial transactions.
Robert has represented a variety of manufacturers and distributors in products liability litigation and serves in the role of national coordinating counsel for a number of clients. In the course of that role on behalf of various firearms manufacturers, importers and distributors he served on both the steering committee and trial teams in a widely reported successful defense against a series of industry-wide litigations commenced by state attorney generals and other governmental agencies and entities across the country.
Robert represents clients in jurisdictions across the country in personal injury and property damage matters arising out of energy, power and transportation construction projects and service contracts.
Robert is a frequent lecturer on topics associated with his practice areas and litigation and trial practice generally.
- New York State Bar
- Connecticut State Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern, Eastern, Western and Northern Districts of New York
- NY Appellate - 2nd Dept.
- Fairfield University, B.A.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
- Product Liability Defense
- Complex Tort Litigation
- National Product Liability Program Management
- Tort Class Action
- Crisis Management
- Environmental & Toxic Tort Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Breach of Warranty
- Class Action Defense
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Administrative Law
- Supply Chain
- Appellate Practice
- Disability Access & ADA
- Automotive & Automotive Components
- Construction & Building Management
- Consumer Products
- Food & Beverage
- Health Sciences, Pharmaceuticals & Devices
- Hospitality, Tourism & Leisure
- Insurance & Reinsurance
- Manufacturing, Distribution & Retail
- Professional Services
- Sports, Fitness & Recreation
- Transportation, Shipping & Logistics