Yong Jin Park Managing PartnerDownload vCard
Yong Jin Park is one of the founding partners of the firm. Mr. Park manages the firm’s New York City office and leads the Korean Business Practice Team. He has served many Korean companies in their complex litigation and commercial transactions for three decades. His practice primarily focuses on the defense of products liability lawsuits, insurance and reinsurance coverage disputes, marine and inland-marine transportation disputes, various commercial matters, and regulatory (CPSC, FDA, NHTSA) compliance issues. He is knowledgeable about Korean companies’ international businesses and their cross-border practices in the North American marketplace.
- New York State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- Yonsei University, College of Business and Economics, B.B.A.
- New York University, Stern Business School, M.B.A.
- Pennsylvania State University, The Dickinson School of Law, J.D.
- American Bar Association: Tort and Insurance Practice Committee; International Law and Practice Committee
- New York Super Lawyer (2010, 2011, 2012)
- “Products Liability in the U.S.A., Current Issues and Prevention”
- Kia Motors Corp. (January 1993, April 1994)
- Kumho Tire Co., Ltd. (March 1993, April 1996)
- Samsung Fire & Marine Insurance Co., Ltd. (October 1994, October 2000)
- LG Insurance Co., Ltd. (September 1995)
- Daewoo Heavy Industry & Machinery Ltd. (October 2000, May 2001)
- Oriental Fire & Marine Insurance Co., Ltd. (May 2002)
- Nexen Tire Corp. (November 2004)
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (November 2005)
- Nanjing Kumho Tire Co., Ltd. (April 2006 in China)
- Kumho Tire Co., Inc. (April 2006)
- Nanjing Kumho Tire Co., Ltd., (November 2007 in China)
- Kumho Tire (Tianjin) Co., Ltd.(November 2007 in China)
- Kumho Tire Co. Inc. (November 2007)
- “Employment Practices Liability”
- Korean Chamber of Commerce and Industry in the USA (October 1996, October 1997)
- Complex Tort Litigation
- Product Liability Defense
- National Product Liability Program Management
- Tort Class Action
- Environmental & Toxic Tort Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Breach of Warranty
- Creditors' Rights
- Transactional Assistance
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Regulatory Compliance
- Air Carriage
- Motor Carriage / Truck
- Inland Marine
- Supply Chain
- Warehouse & Distribution
- "2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Mass Torts Law" by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell
Yong Jin Park is rated AV® by Martindale-Hubbell.
CV, BV and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards. More
The Super Lawyers® list is issued by Thomson Reuters under criteria applied by Super Lawyers®. A description of the selection methodology can be found here.